Saturday, November 8, 2014

Istanbul weekend

I spent that weekend in Istanbul already 18-19.10 ...just before my week in Hip-Notics.
I've been so many times in Istanbul, but mostly only in the airport or just one short night in a hotel near of it. I had a chance to spend there one full day and 2 nights.
Hotel was 2 km from airport and some departing planes were just flying over the hotel. Nice view yes!
I spent these nights in the same hotel as usual near of airport. Radisson Blu 5 stars hotel is okay, but not as good as my expectations from this hotel chain and costs. (...not more about this hotel, what I don't recommend.)
What to do during one day?
Sleep long, have a good breakfast and go out to check e.g. strait of Bosporus, using public transports and finalize day with shopping in some outlet malls.
Public transports are almost only way to move fluently in Istanbul. Traffic jams are chaotic.
They have a metro buses with their own lanes in the middle of the highways and are not disturbed for other traffic. Local trains are also good option. Don't even think about taxi for long movements!

We took first metro bus and then continued by local train to Kabatas, what is the last station of one local train line. Kabatas is quite near of Taksim Square and is one place, where to find ferries for cruises to upstream of Bosporus.
Ferry made about 5 stops in different places also in Asian side.
Here are some pictures from this cruise:

Bosporus Bridge
Rumelian Castle
Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge from European side. Narrowest point of Bosporus.
Me and Bosporus
On a ferry deck playing with mirrors and camera
Inside of ferry
After cruising along Bosporus we made some traveling by public transports, having dinner and shopping. From outlet malls you can find by quite reasonable price some good stuff, no fakes as my other experiences in Turkey.

Some findings
After this weekend I continued to Antalya and Hip-Notics of course... There was great as always and I got some great shots, which I will publish later.

No comments:

Post a Comment