Friday, August 9, 2013

Cable wakeboarding in Sofia Bulgaria

My target is to find wake-cable from every place where I'm traveling.
I found from internet light tips that there could be cable park in Sofia. I'm sometimes flying via Sofia with my board bag, so why not to go to check.
Some small differences in rope lengths, but it's just more exiting; what kind of rope you will get!!
Park is quite near of airport, I rent a car and found to there quite easily by navigator. Magic words for navigator were: "Ulitsa 5 Kazichene Sofija".
Cable park is old Rixen, built about 1985 and it's low and long (maybe 800-900m) and just 4 towers. Anyway I was really exited to find this park and ride there. It was really interesting to see how well cable is still working. Prices are nice e.g. 2 hours costs about 12€!! Locals told that queue is quite big during weekends and sometimes evenings during week, but when I was riding there wasn't any queue.
Of course almost 30 years old cable is old fashion. Operators are working with manual handles; to load and unload ropes, check picture below. It was interesting to see this kind of!!

They have some obstacles...
Kickers after starting dock

Sliders after kickers

Funbox before the first corner.
Of course it's difficult in the beginning to ride in low cable , but after a while everything works and is possible. I think it would be just good for everybody to ride in low cable sometimes.

They have good restaurant with cheap prices...
...and wake shop of course!
Some maps how to find there:



No comments:

Post a Comment